BERGESON, Scott A.
Patent Attorney (Admitted in VA and DC)
OverviewMr. Bergeson is a registered patent attorney representing multinational corporations in a wide range of technological arts. Mr. Bergeson focuses on the preparation and prosecution of patent applications but has broad experience in the field, including patent infringement litigation and patent opinion experience. Mr. Bergeson has represented foreign and domestic companies both large and small.
Prior ExperienceBefore joining H. C. Park and Associates, PLC, Mr. Bergeson was a patent attorney at a well-recognized national law firm practicing patent litigation and opinion work. He represented plaintiffs enforcing their patent rights against potential infringers as well as defendants in order to avoid or invalidate asserted patents. Mr. Bergeson also has extensive experience drafting and prosecuting patent applications for large multinational companies and start-ups while working at a boutique patent law firm.
Before becoming a patent attorney, Mr. Bergeson was a process design engineer for Dow Corning Corporation. There he designed new chemical process systems for semiconductor, solar, healthcare, and personal care industries. While still in college, Mr. Bergeson interned at two prominent pharmaceutical companies. At one Mr. Bergeson gained experience in small molecule research and while at the other he gained experience in project engineering.
Representative Technologies- Material science, including semiconductor fabrication and solar fabrication
- Chemical compositions, including pharmaceutical compositions
- Display technologies, including LCDs and OLEDs
- Telecommunication, including mobile devices, telecommunication systems, and transportation systems
- Electrical devices, including thin films transistors, fuel cells, solar devices, flow batteries, and other green technology
- Software, including software for computers, mobile devices, wearable devices, and transportation vehicles
- Medical devices
- Mechanical devices
Education- University of Richmond School of Law, J.D., with distinction, 2012
- Michigan Technological University, B.S., Chemical Engineering, cum laude, 2008
Bar Admissions- District of Columbia, 2015
- Virginia, 2012
- United States Patent and Trademark Office, 2011